Welcome to Strianese Huckert LLP – Charlotte NC Employment Lawyers
Strianese Huckert LLP is a Charlotte based law firm focusing on sexual harassment, employment discrimination, wage and hour, Qui Tam/whistleblower retaliation, and non-competition / non-solicitation cases. The firm’s main focus is on representing employees who have been fired for unlawful reasons or who are experiencing discrimination or harassment in the workplace. Our practice is built on providing individualized attention to our clients’ cases and working tirelessly to protect their rights. Our attorneys have represented clients in individual litigations, class and collective actions, and other high-stakes, complex litigation, and have the ability to pursue cases vigorously. If you need employment law guidance in North Carolina, please do not hesitate to contact our Charlotte office for a strictly confidential initial consultation.
North Carolina Employment Law: An Overview of Our Practice Areas
With extensive experience representing workers in North Carolina, our attorneys handle the full range of employment law claims. No matter the nature of your case, we are ready to protect your rights and help you find the best path forward. Among other types of claims, our Charlotte, NC employment lawyers handle:
- Sexual Harassment: You deserve a workplace that is free from sexual harassment. Our Charlotte, NC employment lawyers have deep experience representing clients in sexual harassment claims. We can help you get justice and accountability.
- Gender Discrimination: Employees should not be treated differently based on stereotypes and other preconceived notions about their genders. If you were a victim of gender discrimination in North Carolina, our employment lawyers can help.
- Race/National Origin Discrimination: Unfortunately, discrimination based on race and/or national origin remains far too common. State and federal law protects employees against race-based discrimination.
- Age Discrimination: The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) protects workers who are over the age of 40. If you were discriminated against based on your age, our North Carolina employment lawyers can help.
- Religious Discrimination: Employees may be eligible for a religious accommodation. If you were discriminated against based on your religion, we will protect your rights.
- Pregnancy Discrimination: Under the Federal Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA), pregnant mothers must be treated fairly in the workplace. Employers cannot prevent a person from working during the course of their pregnancy.
- Wage and Hour Claims: We handle the full range of wage and hour claims, including failure to pay overtime, employee misclassification, minimum wage violations, and unpaid wage claims.
- Whistleblower Claims: Whistleblowers perform a very important public service. Unfortunately, in far too many cases, employers unlawfully punish whistleblowers. Our Charlotte, NC employment lawyers are committed to protecting whistleblower rights.
- Workplace Retaliation: State and federal regulations prevent employers from taking adverse action against an employee who files a complaint or exercises their rights. If you or your loved one was a victim of workplace retaliation, we can help.
- Non Competes & Trade Secrets: We assist employees with the negotiating, drafting, and review of non-compete agreements and non-disclosure agreements. If you have been accused of violating an agreement, our Charlotte employment attorneys will protect your rights.
- Severance Agreements: Before signing a severance agreement, it is recommended that you consult with an attorney. We will make sure that your severance agreement provides fair value.
- Representation for Executives: Managers and executives face some unique challenges in the workplace. Our North Carolina employment lawyers have the skills and prior experience to effectively represent management employees.
We represent everyone from high level executives and professionals to rank and file workers in employment law disputes with their employers. While these disputes can sometimes be resolved amicably through negotiation, litigation is often necessary. Our approach to litigation is to prepare thoroughly, think strategically, and advance relentlessly. And, if a trial is necessary, we work to present your case to a jury in a way that maximizes your chance to win.
If you are interested in legal representation or would like to discuss your case or legal issue with us, please fill out a Case Evaluation Form available on our contact page.
Fewer Cases; Better Results
Some law firms use a model of taking on as many cases as possible and managing them with paralegal or a support staff “case manager” until they are settled or go to trial. That may work for them, but that is not how we litigate cases. Instead, we take on a small number of meritorious cases and spend a substantial amount of time on each of them. Cases are prepared thoroughly at every stage. Our attorneys return calls promptly. Clients are never directed to support staff for case updates. While this limits the number of clients we can represent at one time, we believe that this approach leads to better results in the cases we do accept.
Day 1: Prepare For Trial
While many cases settle, and it is usually a wise decision to see if a settlement can be reached, some cases will ultimately wind up before a jury. Everything we do during the course of litigation is designed to improve our client’s position at trial. Preparing each case as if it will be tried is a critical part of a successful litigation strategy because it improves the client’s position in every aspect of the case, from discovery, to dispositive motions, to settlement negotiations. As your North Carolina employment attorneys, we work diligently to prepare your case for trial and improve your chances of winning.
What We Do as Your Employment Lawyers
Our attorneys have over 40 years of combined employment law experience. Mr. Strianese spent nearly a decade working as an employment litigator for one of the largest law firms in the country. During that time, he handled all manner of employment cases for Fortune 500 companies, major hedge funds, private equity firms, and small businesses. Ms. Huckert, on the other hand, has primarily represented employees in employment disputes for over ten years. Whatever defense your employer raises, our attorneys have not only seen it before, but have probably used it before. The attorneys at Strianese Huckert are very adept at strategizing and knowing the other side’s moves in advance, which makes it far easier to counter them.
Call Our Charlotte, NC Employment Law Attorneys for Immediate Assistance
At Strianese Huckert LLP, our North Carolina employment lawyers are skilled, results focused advocates for our clients. With experience handling the full range of employment law claims, we will protect your rights. If your workplace rights were violated, our team is here to help. To schedule a completely confidential, no obligation initial consultation, please contact us today.
Strianese Huckert LLP is located in Charlotte but practices throughout the entire state of North Carolina, including the counties of Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Union, Iredell, Gaston, Rowan, Lincoln, Cleveland, Stanly, Catawba, and New Hanover and the cities and towns of Mooresville, Huntersville, Statesville, Concord, Gastonia, Monroe, Davidson, Matthews, Pineville, Weddington, Wesley Chapel, Waxhaw, Mint Hill, Cornelius, Lincoln, Denver, Dallas, Indian Trail, Shelby, Salisbury, Kannapolis, Marvin, Albemarle, Belmont, Cherryville, Mount Holly, Troutman, Shelby, Hickory, Lenoir, Boone, Harrisburg, Mount Pleasant, Winston-Salem, High Point, Fayetteville, Greensboro, Asheville, Waynesville, and Wilmington, among others.