Charlotte Disability Discrimination Lawyers
- Employment & Severance Agreements
- Non-Competition & Trade Secrets
- Sexual Harassment
- Gender Discrimination
- Race and National Origin Discrimination
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Religious Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination
- Age Discrimination
- Charlotte Family Medical Leave Act(FMLA) Lawyers
- Wage and Hour & Overtime
- Managers, Executives & Executive
Teams in Transition
- Commercial Litigation
- Electronic Discovery
“Chris Strianese was invaluable at a time when it appeared my options were limited and the likelihood of a satisfactory resolution seemed practically impossible. His calm and empathetic demeanor offered emotional succor to myself and my family. His response time was exceptional and his guidance/knowledge was remarkable throughout my entire case. I am eternally grateful for his service and I hereby recommend Mr. Strianese without reservation.”
“Chris was wonderful to work with and made me feel at ease. As I am sure most clients feel when facing possible litigation, I was anxious, frustrated and overwhelmed. He was professional and thoroughly answered all of my questions. His knowledge of the law and ability to set realistic expectations was crucial during a time when it would have been easy to feel powerless. And even though we were dealing with this situation during the holidays, Chris was always responsive. I would confidently recommend Strianese Huckert and Chris Strianese.”
“Highly recommend Strianese Huckert! I spoke to a couple of other lawyers about my case but once I spoke to Tamara, I knew she understood me and had my back. She was very responsive to all my questions and concerns. Her and Chris both gave me excellent advice regarding my case. I was very pleased with how my case turned out.”
“My experience with Chris and his firm was exceptional. He was responsive and answered my inquiries with professionalism, careful consideration and provided follow up to provide me with comfort when dealing with a difficult situation. He never spoke from the hip but was diligent in his review of my situation and advised me with reasonable explanations and background. I have dealt with many lawyers both personal and professional and I would recommend Chris without hesitation.”
“Strianese Huckert put my mind at ease by responding timely and providing straight-forward legal advice that I could understand. Had an emergency employee legal situation and I emailed Strianese Huckert in a panic. This was my first time needing an employment lawyer. Tamara Huckert took the time to provide enough direction that same day to put my mind at ease. Strianese Huckert ultimately helped my business navigate the entire legal situation by being present, supportive and knowledgeable.”
Plus years representing employees
We Advocate for Workers in Disability Discrimination Claims in Charlotte and Throughout North Carolina
At Strianese Huckert LLP, our Charlotte disability discrimination attorneys have the professional expertise that you can rely on in complex cases. As a boutique law firm, we provide personalized legal guidance and support to employees. If you or your family member was a victim of disability discrimination, you need professional legal guidance. To arrange your strictly confidential case review by a North Carolina employment lawyer, please contact us at our Charlotte legal office today.
An Overview of Your Rights Under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
The Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) is a federal law that provides comprehensive legal protection to disabled job applicants and disabled employees. Here are some of the key things that workers in North Carolina should understand about the ADA:
- Prohibits Disability Discrimination in the Workplace: One of the critical components of the ADA is its provision against disability discrimination in the workplace. It ensures that qualified individuals with disabilities are granted equal employment opportunities and are protected from unfair treatment based on their disability.
- Applies to Employers With 15 or More Employees: Unfortunately, not all workers in Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, and elsewhere in North Carolina are covered by the ADA. The federal law applies to businesses and organizations that have 15 or more employees. Smaller employers are not required to comply with the ADA.
- Employers Must Make A Good Faith Effort to Provide A Reasonable Accommodation: Notably, the ADA mandates that employers make a good faith effort to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. A reasonable accommodation is any type of adjustment or modification to the physical work environment or a person’s job duties that would help a qualified disabled employee perform the job. However, employers are not required to provide an accommodation that would pose an undue hardship. If an employer fails to engage in a good faith effort to provide a disabled worker with an effective reasonable accommodation, that could constitute disability discrimination.
Note: The North Carolina Persons with Disabilities Protection Act also provides state-level legal protections to disabled workers in our Charlotte. We can help you navigate your rights under both state law and federal law.
Why Trust Our Charlotte Disability Discrimination Lawyers
Disability discrimination cases can be challenging. At Strianese Huckert LLP, we are committed to advocating for the rights and interests of disabled workers. When employees reach out to our Charlotte office, they will connect with a North Carolina disability discrimination attorney who can:
- Listen to what they have to say, answer their legal questions, and explain their options;
- Investigate the matter—gathering evidence to prove discrimination; and
- Develop a case-driven strategy to protect their rights and interests.
Contact Our Charlotte Disability Discrimination Attorneys for Immediate Help
At Strianese Huckert LLP, our North Carolina disability discrimination lawyers are passionate and experienced advocates for workplace rights. Contact us right away for your completely confidential consultation. With a law office in Charlotte, we represent employees in disability discrimination claims in Mecklenburg County and throughout all of North Carolina.